Sunday, January 27, 2019

Stories of Hope


Stories of Hope

"The information I learned from the Nedley Depression Recovery Class was really helpful.  I learned some basic tools to help me deal with my situation and it has made a world of difference in my life and has helped my family as well.  It was wonderful!" S.B.
 
The portion of the class that dealt with addictions was extremely valuable to me as it helped me to understand what happens to the addicted brain and body. I understood what changes can be made in their lives that they have control over to help them to overcome their addiction. These things greatly affect their emotional well-being, which is such a significant underlying factor in any addiction.  Because of the information I learned from the Nedley Depression Recovery Program I have been able to make lifestyle changes that have helped me to improve my emotional well-being and also share that same information with my loved ones, who in turn have benefited from Dr. Nedley's program.

 Many, many people like me and my family are being blessed with hope and better lives!" L.B.


"When I went to therapy last I just felt I was wasting my time. I have dealt with this issue for so long that I know all the pat answers and don't want to re-hash everything that hasn't worked before. The Nedley method for me was all about EMPOWERMENT. Finally there were things that I could do myself to manage my anxiety. I am still on medication but my life is so much better. My husband and I are closer than we have been in years. I can actually FEEL JOY!". K.T.

I struggled with depression for forty-five years, and during that time I was treated with psychotherapy along with more than forty different medications. In the Spring of 2009 I took Dr. Neil Nedley's course, Depression: the Way Out, (at Davis High). I think that was the first time I ever heard anyone talk about a "cure" for depression. I always thought of depression as "chronic" and believed the best I could hope for was to learn additional coping skills.

 I learned so much through this course and was very impressed with the information that was presented. The principles are sound, and over time I have applied and incorporated many of the concepts into my life. I currently take no anti-depressant medication and require no other therapy. The techniques I learned have been highly effective in improving the quality of my life. I recommend the class to anyone who is suffering with depression and looking for a way out of this debilitating condition." R.W.

I have suffered from insomnia and depression for many years. It had gotten so bad that I was taking two 10mg ambien per night which caused me to feel very groggy and lethargic (as well as sleep walking, eating and reading.) I would take one pill at 11p.m. and then another at 2-3 a.m. when I would wake up. I would sleep (lay in bed) sometimes-- quite often, until 11am. I had purchased a "go light" a few years back but wasn't using it after I felt like it wasn't helping. 
During the Nedley class on depression I learned the proper way to use the light. I was determined to do what I needed to do to get off these drugs and hoped for a refreshing, natural sleep. I put the light on my nightstand. When my husband's alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. I turned on the light. It was very difficult to keep my eyes open at first but I would gaze just past the light for 15 to 20 minutes, then turn it off and go back to "sleep". (Side note, I would also turn on classical music, 89.1 on my radio at this time. I believe the combination of the light and music helped my brain, thoughts, and feelings to become more positive towards my life in general.)
 After a few days of this I started feeling more and more awake in the morning hours and decided to cut down on my sleeping pills. I went to one...and then to one-half. Within a couple of weeks I was awake and feeling good and energized by 7-8 a.m. I suddenly had a morning! I hadn't experienced morning for many years. I was and am still elated to feel rested and ready to get up. I attribute this change to the light and the effect it has to change our brain signals to produce the proper chemicals(melatonin) to get our sleep patterns working in the most beneficial ways. It has helped me to get better sleep and feel happier and more satisfied with each day.” A. W., February 2012

"The best thing it did for me is give me hope that there are legitimate reasons for the way I feel and that there are so many avenues of help.  It was also very helpful to be with others who were battling the same challenges so I don't feel alone in fighting this." B.H.  

People are so afraid of the term depression that to go to a class on its recovery might seem like admitting you've got a problem.  I found it liberating, that he (Dr. Nedley) not only has addressed the issues that cause its symptoms, but how to overcome them.  Most people seem to think you have to suffer a lifetime.  I like his belief in living joyfully. I would probably come to some sessions again if it is offered.
Thanks,
Mary R.


 This class is incredible. I’ve suffered several bouts of depression after babies, and situational depression. My teens also struggled with it. I haven’t known exactly how to help them. I knew go outside, exercise, scriptures, and eat healthy, but this class elaborates so much beyond that and also gives you the why and how.
Thank you, thank you for doing this! 
 Rachel R.


This course is life-changing. I pray with gratitude for the increased light and knowledge provided here. I am so happy to be off drugs and feeling more in control of my life and emotions.
Not only does this information help depression and anxiety but it helps me be more healthy overall. It is amazing more doctors do not shout this from the rooftops.
 Lori F.


The class was exceptional. I now feel very educated about all the ins and outs of depression and most importantly, how to help myself fully recover from it. 
I am two months of the recommended five months through the program and have already decreased the weight of my challenges by one-third and expect a full recovery as I finish the program. 
I can't imagine a depression recovery program being any better.
A grateful participant,
John E.


Thank you for providing this opportunity. It has opened my eyes to the power of positive thinking and given me constructive ways to manage negative feelings. It has also opened a good discussion with my son, who has had a really difficult year. He confided in me after the first class that he had considered suicide. This program has given us tools, hope, and direction as we have worked to help him feel more happiness and hope. As a mother, this has been the best gift for me in my “parenting teenagers journey.”
Anonymous Mom



Autumnal Wreath
Paperless PostYahoo Mail Stationery

No comments :

Post a Comment